Ohio’s $700 billion economy is home to over 50 Fortune 1000 companies and hundreds of thousands of small and medium businesses. While supporting companies’ ambitions for growth and competitiveness is our everyday mission, JobsOhio is proud to call attention to one feature in Ohio that makes our state standout above the rest: Heart.
In Ohio, heart means taking care of neighbors and working toward the greater good of our state overall. The compassion that Ohioans across this great state show one another every day inspired us to launch charity-based new initiatives to make impactful investments that positively affect the lives of our fellow Ohioans.
Often carried out together with JobsOhio’s six regional partners, JobsOhio supports Ohio-based charitable initiatives that JobsOhio employees are most passionate about, including:
- Children and families
- Foodbanks and food insecurity services
- Veterans and military services
- Low-income housing
- Animal welfare
- Diversity and inclusion
- Events and other factors that largely impact Ohio overall
Why Giving Back Matters
Supporting communities across Ohio is complementary to everyday economic development because, more than anything, it’s the people who make our state the best place to come to work, start a business, or invest in development opportunities.
With abundant resources, a logistically advantageous location, and a legacy for innovation, Ohio has a lot to offer, however, the people who call this state “home” make it easy for businesses to choose Ohio time and again. Because our neighborhoods do so much for Ohio, it’s our mission to give back.
JobsOhio Cares was established in 2020 to help ease the hardships created by the COVID-19 pandemic, JobsOhio Cares donated to various causes. As we emerge from the pandemic, JobsOhio Cares plans to expand how it can assist.
- 15,000 PPE kits in support of Ohio’s small businesses to help them operate safely and meet the state’s health requirements during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $25K to Children’s Hunger Alliance to provide meals to students that depend on school lunches during a time when classes have gone digital.
JobsOhio Charitable Giving Committee
The JobsOhio Charitable Giving Committee operates under the JobsOhio Cares umbrella and is a cross functional team that leads engagement through our volunteering efforts. Made up of JobsOhio team members, employees can join the Charitable Giving Committee and get involved with the planning and execution of philanthropic efforts.
- $12k to 12 food banks across Ohio in partnership with our regional network to address food insecurity because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $9k to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the state.
- $9k to Ohio animal shelters in support of National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day on April 30th.
- Nearly $6k in support of LifeCare Alliance’s Adopt-a-Family program.