- Ohio's population is 11.69 million, making it the seventh most populous state.
- Ohio's population is 78 percent urban and 22 percent rural.
Gross regional product
- Ohio's gross regional product is $656.19 billion.
- Ohio is the seventh largest source of GSP among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, with 3.4 percent of the national total in 2016.
- If Ohio were a separate country, it would be the world's 21st largest economy.
- Ohio was among the states hit hardest by the recession, but its growth rate in recovery has been greater than the national average, both resulting from changes in cyclical durable goods industries.
- Ohio's manufacturing sector produced $122.2 billion worth of goods, ranking it third in the nation after California and Texas.
- Ohio’s manufacturing output was 4.8 percent of the US’s in 2018.
- Ohio is one of the nation's leading sources for primary and fabricated metal products, as well as plastic, rubber and non-metallic mineral products, electrical equipment and appliances, and motor vehicles and associated parts, trailers, bodies and accessories.
- Among service industries concentrated in Ohio are enterprise management, banking and related services, insurance, utilities, trucking, warehousing and storage, and hospitals, nursing and residential care facilities.
- Ohio ranks number nine Most Diverse Industries in 2019, up from 10th in 2011.