- Site: Winchester Industrial Park
- City: Winchester
- County: Adams County
- JobsOhio program: JobsOhio-Ohio Southeast (OhioSE) Site Initiative
- About: A program that started in 2018 with the goal of assisting southeastern Ohio counties by creating competitive, development-ready sites capable of winning new business investments. The sites in the program were selected with the assistance of a group of southern Ohio CEOs who advised JobsOhio and Ohio Southeast Economic Development.
- Type of Inventory:
- Funding support: $4.2 million
- Timetable: All planned improvements are expected to be complete by end of year 2023. The industrial park will be a shovel-ready site with all due diligence studies completed; water, sewer, and electric to the site; and roadwork in place to serve new tenants.
The Winchester Industrial Park is located near SR-32 and the acreage is currently used for agricultural purposes. In 2018, the Adams County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC) purchased 36 acres and in 2019, the Adams County Commissioners purchased an additional 19 adjacent acres to form the Winchester Industrial Park.
Site development in Adams County, in Southeast Ohio, will boost its ability to attract corporate investment to the area, thereby boosting the local economy.
About the Development:
The overall investment includes water, sewer, and an access road to the park. Adams County plans to make regional sewer and water upgrades, which will improve the excess capacities at the park.
A new 700,000 gallons per day capacity wastewater treatment plant will be built off-site to add capacity to the village of Winchester’s municipal sewer system as well as supporting the industrial park.
The JobsOhio grant will fund extensions of water and sewer to the park boundaries. In addition, new roadwork will be constructed to avoid residential and recreational areas and allow for a safe turn radius for truck traffic.
CLICK HERE to read the full release.
JobsOhio, Ohio Southeast Economic Development (OhioSE) and the Adams County CIC