Lewco, Inc. Redevelops Property for Continued Growth in Ohio

JobsOhio Revitalization Grant supports company’s e-commerce-driven growth
Posted on

Company Name: Lewco, Inc.
Location: Erie
Industry Sector: Advanced Manufacturing
Company Profile: Lewco, Inc., recognized as a world-class manufacturer of industrial ovens and unit handling conveyors, has a long history in Northwest Ohio. The company was originally founded in Sandusky as the Ohio Welding Company in 1917.
Company Website: www.lewcoinc.com

Project Summary:

  • Type of Project: Redevelopment
  • Jobs:
    • Jobs committed: 163
    • Jobs retained: 168
  • Capital Investment: $11,795,000
  • Timetable: Revitalization of the building is expected to be completed sometime near mid-2021.

Company Need:

Lewco, Inc. is experiencing significant growth driven by e-commerce. The company must expand to increase capacity to support the demand.

Testimonial:

“Although there was pressure from outside of Ohio, it was important to our team and families that the rapidly growing business expansion stay here in Ohio and specifically in our region. We greatly appreciate JobsOhio and Ottawa County’s efforts to help make that a reality.” – Ron Guerra, president, LEWCO Inc. 

Why Ohio?

Lewco reaffirms its commitment to Ohio by investing in and revitalizing an older structure in Northwest Ohio.

The state’s advanced manufacturing sector employs nearly 700,000 skilled individuals, the third-largest manufacturing workforce in the U.S. At $104.6 billion, Ohio’s manufacturing industry is one of the largest in the state. Ohio also has the lowest taxes in the Midwest for capital-intensive manufacturing.

The company is moving into a facility with a long history going back 65 years as a former bearings manufacturing plant which employed more than 4,000 people. JobsOhio support will help offset costs related to revitalization and renovation of the building, as well as dollars for new machinery and equipment.

Collaborators:

JobsOhio, the Regional Growth Partnership, Ottawa County Improvement Corporation, and the Ohio Development Services Agency