JobsOhio Growth Capital Fund
Investing in Ohio’s next generation of great employers and intellectual property creators
JobsOhio Growth Capital (JOGC) Fund is a syndicate (sidecar) fund that allocates investments to companies who are Ohio-based or planning to locate a significant presence in Ohio as early-stage venture-backed companies.
Interested in Investment?
Complete the pre-qualification questionnaire and our team will contact you. Be prepared to upload non-confidential investor pitch deck and/or executive summary and capitalization history and plan.
AWARE RAISES $60 MILLION IN SERIES C FUNDING
Aware announced that it has raised a $60 million Series C round led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, with participation from previous investors including Spring Mountain Capital, Blue Heron Capital, Allos Ventures, Ohio Innovation Fund, JobsOhio and Rev1 Ventures.
Growth Capital Program Details
- The JobsOhio Growth Capital Program can participate via convertible debt and direct equity on terms that are materially the same as those of the lead investor.
- JobsOhio Growth Capital Program investment amount is generally 1:1 aligned with the lead investor’s commitment and, as a side-car investment, can take up to 20% of the current investment round; JOGC will not own more than 20% of any individual investment.
- Ohio-based company or out-of-state candidate agreeing to locate a meaningful base of operations in Ohio as a condition of the JOGC investment
- Aligned with JobsOhio target sectors
- Raising a Series A round or later
- Demonstrating significant growth (revenue and employment)
- Candidate must have already received significant past financing.
- Candidate must have secured a term sheet from a lead investor for the round JobsOhio Growth Capital Program is invited to participate in. The qualified lead investor must be willing to accompany the candidate company for JobsOhio Growth Capital investment consideration.
- A qualified lead investor is an investment firm or institution, located in or outside of Ohio, that makes direct investments professionally and has a formal, rigorous due-diligence processes. Additionally, a qualified lead investor should have a track record of successful exits.