The program is designed to provide technical support to small and mid-size eligible communities that want to pursue a Vibrant Communities Grant but have gaps getting to implementation.
Scope of Assistance
Planning services are intended to assist communities with identified, prospective projects that they have been unable to implement but that are strategic and potentially catalytic in nature. Services are designed to take projects from the idea phase to implementation. Examples of assistance include:
- Market and industry studies.
- Building or site due diligence.
- Capacity planning and stakeholder coordination.
- Capital or budget planning.
- Advising on local economic development tools (e.g., zoning code, building and development codes, and financial tools).
- Development timeline planning.
- Marketing and prospectus development.