A 21st Century Infrastructure to Connect, Transport and Travel Worldwide
Quality infrastructure is critical to support supply chains, facilitate communication and connect businesses to reliable and affordable energy sources. Thanks to unprecedented investments in transportation, digital technology and trade, Ohio hosts the dependable infrastructure required to do global business.
Ohio Provides Logistical Access for Your Business
Ohio is a well-established base for companies moving goods around the globe, being just a one-day drive from more than 60 percent of U.S. and Canadian populations. Major cities including Chicago, New York City and Toronto are easily accessible via air, rail and road. Among the nation’s leaders for trucking and storing goods, Ohio’s north coast on Lake Erie includes a groundbreaking shipping service linking the Industrial Midwest, the Port of Toledo and the Great Lakes to Europe.
Through one (or many) of JobsOhio’s sites and buildings initiatives, including development ready sites, you can find an ideal location near these resources.
Ohio’s Energy Supply
Ohio’s infrastructure provides cheap, reliable energy. Eleven natural gas-fired power plants fueled from the region’s Marcellus and Utica shale formations are coming online - providing a cleaner, more affordable power source for generations to come.
Ohio’s infrastructure is designed around creating a fast, cost-effective, and digital future − one connection at a time.
- Ohio is one of six states to receive an A grade in logistics industry health in a Conexus Indiana report from the Ball State University Center for Business and Economic Research.
- Ohio is one of the top 10 freight destination states by the value of goods shipped annually, making it an important state for logistics.
- Trucking employment ranks No. 2 in the Midwest, No. 4 in the U.S., ensuring there are always drivers available for shipments.
- Ohio ranks as the fifth highest state in the nation in warehousing and storage services.
Ohio is connected to the rest of the world via land, air and water, creating a comprehensive and complete infrastructure for shipping worldwide, which is why Logistics and Distribution are one of our key industries. The flexibility of choice and cost savings this offers companies is one of the reasons Ohio’s infrastructure is among the best in the U.S.
Click on the map below to learn more about road, rail, ports and air infrastructure as well as foreign trade zones.
Rickenbacker Inland Port
Rickenbacker International Airport is one of the greatest multimodal shipment hubs in the U.S., where companies can transport faster to anywhere in the world with consistent and reliable options. Rickenbacker is a vital component of the North American International Freight Center where air, water, rail and ground transport companies collaborate daily with freight forwarders, consolidators, customs brokers and third-party logistics providers to move freight around the world. The airport supports the world’s largest aircraft, operated by premier international freighter operators that connect worldwide every day with hubs in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Ohio’s statewide broadband and fiber network provides companies with access to the internet and to resources and services that support broadband.
- Ohio currently has a high-speed 100 Gbps internet network throughout the state.
- Over $210 million in federal grant funding was invested between 2009-2014 to build next-generation “middle mile” fiber networks.
- Ohio’s technology infrastructure includes advantageous resources such as the Ohio Supercomputer Center and the Ohio Academic Resources Network (OARnet) - providing tech solutions and connected public-private-industry digital opportunities to help companies stay competitive.
Connect Globally in Ohio
If your business is looking for relocation or expansion opportunities, the JobsOhio team can help connect you to the resources, real estate and workforce to help your business succeed. Take advantage of the logistical infrastructure that Ohio has to offer and take your business to the next level.