Inspire the Next Generation of Manufacturers
Manufacturing Day celebrates modern manufacturing
Advanced manufacturing is one of the key industries driving innovation and job creation in Ohio and across the country. New technology is leading to new innovations and great careers, yet a misconception about manufacturing is that manufacturing jobs are dirty, dangerous and designed for low-skilled, low-wage workers.
To dispel these common manufacturing myths, Manufacturing Day (MFG Day) takes place on October 6, 2017. This unique opportunity is a coordinated event for Ohio companies to open their doors and show the community, especially educators, students and their parents, what manufacturing really is today:
- Technologically advanced clean environments, with use of automation, 3-D printing and robots
- A good living, with an average annual manufacturing worker salary of more than $77,000/year
- Highest job tenure in the private sector
Manufacturers will need to fill almost 3.5 million new positions in the next decade, so it’s time to inspire the next generation. Join the MFG Day movement and encourage manufacturers to host an Ohio event this October. Getting started is easy:
- Set up a MFG Day event and determine the format
- Organize a plant tour
- Prepare displays and literature
- Invite the public and media
- Promote the event through social media: #MFGDay17
Deloitte and Manufacturing Institute surveys from MFG 2016 showed that students developed a positive perception of careers in manufacturing, with 84 percent more convinced that manufacturing provides interesting and rewarding careers. Join the MFG Day movement and encourage businesses in your region to register an event here.