Funding for real estate investments, equipment, and more, so you can grow your business
The JobsOhio Inclusion Grant provides financial support for eligible projects in distressed communities and/or for businesses owned by underrepresented populations like minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities across the state.
Grant decisions are based on several project factors, including but not limited to company location, company ownership, jobs created and/or retained, and project fixed asset investment. Support is intended for small to medium-sized companies with annual revenues of up to $25 million.
Inclusion Grant Details
Is Your Business Eligible?
Eligible companies must have been in operation for at least one (1) year and be able to demonstrate $100,000 in annual revenues.
Companies must be engaged in JobsOhio’s targeted industries and business functions. These industries include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Autonomous Mobility
- Energy & Chemicals
- Financial Services
- Food & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Biomedical
- Gene Therapy
- Logistics & Distribution
- Military & Federal
Ineligible projects and companies include retail or operations that include point-of-final-purchase transactions at a facility open to the public or other population driven businesses that derive most of their sales from in-person delivery of services or products.
Companies must also meet at least one of the following criteria for consideration:
- The company is owned by an underrepresented population, including:
- Minority-owned (African American, Hispanic, Asian-Pacific and Native American)
- Owned by an individual with a disability
- The business must either be certified by a recognized state or national organization or otherwise able to verify that at least 51% of the business is owned, managed, and controlled by the underrepresented population.
- The business is located in a qualified distressed community as defined by an index score of 50 or greater by the Economic Innovation Group. To see if your project location is eligible for funding consideration, contact us.
Projects require a commitment over time and will be defined by an appropriate combination of the following metrics: fixed asset investment, job and payroll creation, job and payroll retention, employees trained, and training costs. Eligible projects that improve operational efficiency along with job retention will be considered for support.
The JobsOhio Inclusion Grant targets fixed asset investment in machinery and equipment, real estate investments including redevelopment, and training costs. These may include:
- Leasehold improvements
- Machinery and equipment
- Moving and relocation costs of machinery and equipment related to the project
- Site development
- Revitalization costs including demolition, renovation, and environmental remediation
- Fees and material costs related to planning and feasibility studies
- Engineering services
- Employee training costs
- Information technology including hardware and industry specific software
- Bonds or other debt instruments issued by the grantee to finance completion of the site improvement project shall not be retired or otherwise serviced with grant funds
- Administrative costs (including salaries and travel expenses)
- Rolling stock (defined as anything that must be registered with a government entity and/or travels on a public right of way)
- Contributions and donations by the grantee to individuals or to other organizations
- Costs (fines, penalties, assessments) resulting from violation of or failure to comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Food, drinks, and entertainment
- Goods and services for personal use by the grantee’s employees
- Long-term housing and personal living expenses
- Interest on borrowed money
- Organized fundraising
- Travel expenses
- Taxes from which the grantee is normally exempt
Disbursement of Funds
The JobsOhio Inclusion Grant is reimbursement based and requires supporting documentation including proof of payment. JobsOhio may consider alternatives to proof of payment at time of reimbursement request under special circumstances and as approved by leadership.
To see if your project location is eligible for funding consideration, enter your ZIP code here: