Sunstar Engineering Americas, Inc Expanding in Ohio, Adding 60 Jobs
Global engineering innovator prepares to nearly double manufacturing volume
Company Name: Sunstar Engineering Americas, Inc. (SEA)
- Country: Japan
- Region: Asia
Industry Sector: Chemicals and Energy
Company Profile: SEA, which has five locations across the cities of Springboro and Franklin, Ohio, serves the automotive and motorcycle industries, providing services in both the chemical and manufacturing verticals. Through the expansion, SEA will streamline its motorcycle, R&D, and warehousing functions, integrate new manufacturing processes, and bring new services in-house.
Type of Project: Expansion
- Jobs committed: 60
- Jobs retained: 137
- Types of jobs: Various positions will be created, including chemical engineers, R&D personnel, supervisors, quality control, operations, sales, back office and a multitude of equipment operators. Most job creation will occur in Springboro, but the expansion will also generate a small number of employment opportunities in Franklin.
Capital Investment: $18,150,000
- Jan 2023 - Company leadership began working with Springboro and REDI related to expanding operations in Springboro/Franklin.
- April 2023 - SEA leased 100 S. Pioneer St. in Franklin.
- Q3/Q4 2023 - Hiring will commence.
SEA is experiencing business growth and enhanced partnerships that will nearly double its current manufacturing volume. The company is expanding and hiring to accommodate the increase in business.
“SEA is thrilled to continue to develop our footprint in the Springboro/Franklin area and is on a clear path to creating more high-value jobs and opportunities for our localities and the state of Ohio. We are transforming our business towards mobility and electrification, moving towards a carbon-neutral society. SEA is committed to expanding our presence in the region and consolidating manufacturing in Ohio.”
– Walter Palen, President of SEA.
The numerous manufacturing resources in Ohio include a renowned innovation network, globally leading companies, and strong industry and academic organizations.
Ohio’s manufacturing sector employs over 600,000 skilled individuals, the third-largest manufacturing workforce in the U.S. This surplus means there are more dedicated, well-trained workers in Ohio to support your growth.
Ohio’s integrated transportation infrastructure – recognized as one of the best in the U.S. – enables Ohio companies to reach customers and suppliers quickly and cost-effectively in-state and outside of Ohio.
State of Ohio, JobsOhio, REDI Cincinnati, City of Springboro