Ohio Sites: Proximity Is Our Strength
Global supply chain disruptions have driven companies to look at keeping production and distribution closer to where their customers are. With over 120 stores, retailer Gabriel Brothers processes millions of units of merchandise annually. To future-proof its operations, the West Virginia-based company made the decision to expand. Gabriel Brothers—known as Gabe’s—looked to Ohio to make its supply chain more resilient.
With a growing demand for products and upcoming store openings, Gabe’s needed a facility large enough to support its business. At 850,000 square feet, its new Springfield, Ohio, distribution center will be larger than all five of its current facilities combined. With this new facility, Gabe’s will be able to receive and process goods by February 2023.
In collaboration with the Dayton Development Coalition, the Greater Springfield Partnership, Clark County, West Central Ohio Port Authority, the city of Springfield, and the Ohio Department of Development, Gabe’s strategically took advantage of Ohio’s position in the heart of the U.S. supply chain. The company broke ground in the PrimeOhio II Industrial Park, a location adjacent to I-70 that provides many benefits:
- Interstate visibility and convenient access to 60% of the nation’s population.
- Close proximity to a Class II rail line.
- Access to a large regional workforce from nearby cities Dayton and Columbus.
- A SiteOhio Authenticated location fully ready for development and pre-vetted to guarantee faster construction timelines.
- Ohio has the fourth-largest interstate highway system and is the second-largest in trucking employment in the Midwest, making it easy for Gabe’s to reach its stores.
- The JobsOhio team helps businesses find the best property to meet project needs, allowing them to select from a statewide database or from SiteOhio Authenticated locations available for immediate building approval.
- With excellent infrastructure and logistics capabilities, Ohio was named among the top 10 best states for business.
- Ohio is ranked number one in distribution center corporate tax costs by the Tax Foundation.
GABE’S FAST FACTS
- 122 store locations in 14 states.
- Off-price retail chain offering brand name fashion, home décor, essentials, pet supplies, and so much more.
- Founded in 1961 with a mission committed to quality goods at affordable prices.