Ohio offers unique advantages for companies looking to expand
The decision to expand into new markets is certainly something to be celebrated. It reflects a company’s success to date and capitalizes on that success by making significant investments in the future.
However, these decisions are rarely made lightly, and they can be as stressful as they are jubilant.
JobsOhio is the guide and conduit to success for companies across a broad spectrum of industries looking to take that leap.
As a private, non-profit economic development organization, JobsOhio guides and advises businesses that are looking to make the most of everything Ohio has to offer. From the business-friendly environment to the rich pool of skilled workers and everything in between, the Buckeye State has become the premier state for thriving businesses looking to relocate and expand.
JobsOhio and our teams of domestic and international business development experts work closely with forward-looking business leaders to develop customized plans that are carefully and deliberately crafted to fulfill each business’s individual needs, requirements, and wishes.
We know the complexities and unique characteristics of doing business at home and abroad, and we’re nimble enough to adapt to changing environments and circumstances.
Consider these statistics that make Ohio stand out:
- No. 1 in the US affordability by US News & World Report
- 0% state tax on corporate income
- No. 3 in the US in manufacturing workforce, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- 60% of the US and Canadian populations are within one day’s drive of Ohio
On the international front, Ohio has attracted foreign direct investment (FDI) from companies in Europe, Asia and other regions worldwide.
- JobsOhio and its partners have completed 600+ international corporate projects involving $18B in capital investment and over 45,000 jobs.
- JobsOhio and its partners provide service to companies from 35 countries, approximately 46% from Europe, 37% from Asia and the remaining 17% being related to Canada and other international markets.
- JobsOhio and our regional economic development partners work closely with professional services firms that can help with everything from establishing a company in the US to visa requests and labor law.
Overall, the unique advantages JobsOhio brings to the table include:
- Private-Sector Experience – Our experts’ experience in the private sector means we’re attuned to the needs of companies across the spectrum of our focus areas.
- Regional Partnerships Across Ohio – Our tight network with economic development and workforce organizations across the states ensures a comprehensive approach to a company’s specific needs and wants.
- Incentives Development – JobsOhio works with the state and local communities to design and implement customized, performance-based packages through grants, funds and tax incentives. JobsOhio serves as a trusted guide and resource to help companies build the package that’s right for them.
- The JobsOhio Model – Our status as a non-profit, private economic development corporation means we can provide the discretion and expertise to help companies make informed decisions about doing business in Ohio. We are funded by the profits from Ohio’s liquor enterprise, which ensures stability and growth.
- Site-Selection Capabilities – Ohio is full of a wide range of sites and buildings ready for job creation and economic growth. As part of our free services for companies within our targeted industry sectors, we routinely perform in-depth statewide site and building searches.
- Talent Reach & Insight – Companies are primed to take advantage of Ohio’s robust and skilled workforce. JobsOhio can help them find, hire and train qualified workers across all our sectors of focus. JobsOhio helps navigate workforce partners across Ohio for a broad range of talent solutions.
JobsOhio is dedicated to its role as a guide for companies who are looking for an unbeatable place to expand or locate their business. We use a precise approach that minimizes risk and maximizes return with customized solutions.
To learn more about how other businesses have benefitted from JobsOhio, check out our recent success stories.
For North American business inquiries, contact Charlie Rowell. For international inquiries, contact Justin Kocher.